Shadowfax recommend that their IT Support clients attend regular quarterly business reviews to ensure that we are providing the best IT Infrastructure and cyber security. At a recent Quarterly business review for client X (not named due to security reasons) IT security was highlighted as a vulnerability and identified as an area for improvement and investment. Shadowfax have extensive Cyber Security knowledge and are therefore able to perform highly sophisticated vulnerability scanning and testing.
Information has become increasingly valuable and as such it has become more attractive to hackers. Cyber crime is increasing both nationally and internationally at an alarming rate. As an IT Support & cyber security provider we ensure that our clients stay protected from cyber attacks and recommend the investments necessary to strengthen their security systems. As is always the case, we advise our clients regularly on best practice and potential vulnerabilities; the client always has the final say on schedule and the level of protection they wish to install
We began the IT security review for client X by running a complete vulnerability scan of the internal and external network to identify any areas of weakness.
The areas we identified for improvement were:
- Password strength and frequency of change for users
- Security of Wi-Fi networks
- The use of legacy operating systems such as windows 7 and server 2008
- Back-up and restore testing
- CCTV was old and presented risk of allowing hackers into the network
- Old user accounts still active
- External remote access services required security updates
As part of the project to maximise cyber security for client X we undertook the following steps:
- implemented secure passwords for users, with regular password changes required
- implemented MFA for all users.
- secured the WiFi
- old 2008 and windows 7 machines were either upgraded or replaced
- the old CCTV system was secured via the use of a separate network
- old user accounts were reviewed and removed
We also undertook a project to test the back-ups and disaster recovery; ensuring that the client is able to both simultaneously prevent and react to any cyber attacks.
Get in touch
Your trusted IT partner
Taking care of business
Although we know each business has different needs, we have put together our most common support packages so you can get an idea of the support we can offer.
We can also tailor packages to suit particular needs. Please call if you would like to talk about a slightly different mix of services/products and we will be happy to help.